Nora Kay LaDuca was born yesterday (5/5/09) at 8:16 am weighing in at 8 lbs 11 oz. and 21 1/2 in. tall. She is healthy, beautiful, and all together perfect.
Katie is doing great, she amazed me how great she did. Her water broke on Monday night just before bed time at around 10:45 pm. After calling the Dr., we got everything ready and arrived at the hospital before midnight. At first the Dr. was not convinced that her water really had broken, which quite honestly was a little frustrating because we knew it did. After a few hours of some pretty painful contractions Katie requested the epidural which really helped make her feel better. Then around 7:00 the Dr. checked and Katie was still at just 7 cm dialated. We were told that it could be a little while before things happen, but Katie and Nora had something else it mind. Then next thing you know by 7:30 am she was fully dialated and was starting to push. It took only 45 mins. from then for Nora to enter this world... and I can not begin to tell you how shocked and excited we both were to see that we have a little girl. I for one was completely convinced we were having a boy. The heart rate all throughout the pregnancy was on the lower end of normal, which people say means it is a boy. The whole experience was just amazing.
For now, we are at the hosptial and will be able to come home tomorrow. I am sure everyone looking at this blog is dying to see some pictures. Don't worry... there are a ton. I will load some on this afternoon for you all to see.
We both want to thank everybody that has sent messages and called us for support. It is so comforting to know we have such great family and friends that already love our little girl as we do.
We will keep you posted... and now this blog will really start to get fun.
Merry Christmas
9 years ago
6 comments:
I just logged on and was happy to see an update ... CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!! SO glad to hear that everyone is doing well, and the labor and delivery went smoothly. Yay!!!!!!! Welcome Nora, and happy birthday!
Hurray!!!! Congratulations Katie and TJ!!!!! What a shocker that it's a GIRL!! Baby girls are the best! A cinco de mayo birthday...love it! i can't wait to see pics! I give you props Katie for delivering an 8lb 11oz baby...you rock girl! Bless you sweet Nora!
She's GORGEOUS! Congratulations! You will have SO much fun with your baby girl, I am SO thrilled for you.
Enjoy :-)
Lisa Cousineau
Congrats LaDucas!!! I am so happy and excited for you! You are going to absolutely LOVE being parents. I'm sure you already do! I can't wait to meet your little angel. Enjoy every moment - they truly are priceless. Can't wait to see more pictures! :)
Congratulations you two! So excited and happy for you and can't wait to meet Nora! Another girl! Yeah! Have fun with her and see you very soon! Congrats and best wishes!! xoxo
Congrats to you both!!! I'm so happy for you guys. Uncle Geoff can't wait to meet you Nora!!! TJ...I'll be sure to send her a little Tampa Bay Bucs jersey. We need her to grow up watching a winning football team ;-) Love you guys!!!
Post a Comment