Saturday, May 9, 2009

First Days Home

This is our third day home from the hospital and we are still adjusting to the lack of sleep and constant feedings. We continue to be amazed at the little things Nora does and are so thankful for our perfect little girl. The first night home was a little rough. Katie's mom stayed the night to help, which we were so appreciative for. I don't know if we could have done it without her. Nora was waking up ever hour or so and Katie's mom was right by her side to encourage her and reassure her that she was doing everything right. Yesterday was a very long day for Katie given the lack of sleep form the whole week. I spent a large part of the day running all over town taking care of my girls. Each day is getting a little bit better, we are learning more and more about how to parent our little girl.

I for one, have already become pretty good at changing diapers. I am still working on changing clothes, it's a little difficult for me. I get scared her little head is going to roll off. I have done it a few times already, but her head is like a Weeble Wobble.

Thank you so much to everyone that has dropped off meals, gifts for Nora, and flowers (our house looks like a flower shop... it is beautiful). We are so lucky to have such great family and friends.







Little Nora with her pink teddy bear from daddy






Nana Bosko bought this hat for Nora to wear home from the Hospital. The flower is as big as her whole head. One may say this is child abuse.... others would say it is freakin adorable. She needed something pink to wear home. (Thank you to everyone that has sent flowers, cards, emails, phone messages, etc. We want to call everyone of you back to thank you personally, and we will but things have been a little crazy around here.)







My little angel sleeping in her swing. (Thanks Grandma and Grandpa LaDuca. She loves it.)






We will keep you posted with more pics soon.

If we don't get to post tomorrow- Happy Mother's Day to all the moms that read this.

No comments: