I know. I know. I am adorable.
So, this week has been a trip. Nora is 3 weeks now and while that is very exciting, I unfortunately got sick again. So annoying. Come to find out, I had a breast infection (many of you I am sure don't want to know that). Amazing that such a small thing can cause such a fever and make you feel so awful. Nora and I had to just hang out in bed for 2 days because that is all I had the energy to do. I feel so much better now, but I think my darling daughter is a bit out of sync. And, she seems to just want to be held all the time and eat every hour. I think it may be a growth spurt. However, I can't get anything done. I am used to being very productive and crossing things off my "lists", but it has been impossible lately. I feel as though deep down Nora is laughing at me and saying..."not any more mom". Good thing I love her so much and she is so cute. :)
3 comments:
Oh man. I had that once too. I am glad you are feeling better. Being a sick mommy is the all time worst!!!
Oh, so sorry you had to deal with that. Hope you are doing better! Give yourself a break, she is only 3 weeks old, that also means you are only 3 weeks recovered! Be patient and take this time to be gracious to yourself!
The best advice someone told me was you are going to feel pretty good at 2 weeks post delivery. When you get to 6 weeks post delivery, you will look back and realize you really were not as great as you thought!
Your body is still working very hard.
Katie, I had that too! I hope you are feeling better. Be sure to finish ALL of the antibiotics. I made the mistake of slacking off in the end and my infection came back.
Take care of yourself girl!
Post a Comment