Saturday, August 28, 2010

She's getting SO big!

Well, it has been a week of changes. School started back up so we are all adjusting to me going back to work. I have been really busy starting off the new school year, and TJ has been super busy with work as well. Nora has been adjusting really well to the changes, but aside from me not being home, her routine hasn't changed much.Luckily, my sister has been coming to our house to watch her for now. I swear though, every day I come home, she looks older.
This pic. was taken one of the last days of summer break. Her friend Audrey came over for a play date. They are goofy girls together.
Nora has been learning so much. She loves feeding herself lately. I especially love cleaning up when she eats yogurt...mmmm.
Nora has been saying so many words. This week she has learned...
-No (which sounds more like "nao")
-Baby
-More
-Cheese
She also says...
-Night, Night ("nigh, Nigh")
-Elmo ("melmo")
-ball ("baul") This is her most favorite word and she says it ALL the time
-water (waa waa)
-Papa
-"Mel Mel"(Her aunt Melissa)
and..."uh oh" (another favorite of hers)

She also has a job. Yup, you heard me right, Nora has a JOB. She LOVES feeding the dog. She has been doing this for a little over a week now. I ask her "do you want to feed Bailey?" and she runs to the stairs to go down and scoop some food for Bailey. She carries it all the way from our laundry room to the dog's bowl. I would say 75% of the time, she does this without spilling too much. :)
She enjoys this job so much though, that she keeps taking scoops and filling the bowl. I try to limit her to 3 trips. I figure eventually she is going to get full scoops and she will still think she can feed the dog as much as she wants. So, teaching her 3 trips won't be so bad.

I bought these boots for Nora about 4 weeks ago. They are 2 sizes too big because I want her to wear them in the fall. However, she thinks they are REALLY fun to wear. I actually had to hide them because she keeps putting them on! She is also holding the scoop for the dog food in this pic. as well.

Nora also enjoys going out to eat, but it is becoming a big challenging lately. She always wants to move.

See...I told you she is getting so big! Doesn't she look old in this picture?

Funny story...
Nora and I were running errands yesterday and I believe she is running for Mayor. She was saying "hi" to every single person she saw. Mind you, this isn't a soft "hi"-she SHOUTS. Some people would just laugh, but most would respond with a "hello". I think it is funny but slightly embarrassing.
Okay, we are getting ready for Halloween! Is this not the cutest dang outfit? We are test driving it. I think she might need the size up so we tried it on. You WILL see it again in 2 months. :) BOO!

3 comments:

The Luedtke Family said...

Pack a restaurant/church/out bag or little backpack filled with a few toys she only sees for those trips. We have used crayons,small notebook, travel size "magna doodle", toy cars, stickers, a small stuffed animal, book(s), pencil, eraser, calculator. My kiddos loved erasing and the buttons on a calculator.

The Luedtke Family said...

oh, and a few cards from a Memory game work well out and about as well.

Rebecca and Mac said...

She really is getting so big...and she looks JUST LIKE TJ!!!! You can really tell from the pictures that she is such a happy child:)