Wednesday, August 11, 2010

what's going on????

OUR KITCHEN IS ALMOST DONE!!!!!!!! YAHOO!!!!!!! TJ has been working his butt off for 3 weekends in a row. We are so thankful that his father flew in for 2 weekends to help. It looks so amazing people from our previous kitchen. EVERYTHING is new. The kitchen was torn down to the studs. This weekend the granite counters come in with a sink- and I will be a very happy girl. Nora enjoys twirling around and shouting in the kitchen. It was much more fun for her when the space was empty and echoed.
WE had a play date at my friend Deanna's house. Her little man, Jayden, is so cute and getting so big. He was 2 months early at birth, but he is big and strong now! Can you see Nora and her BFF are dressed almost the same? I swear that wasn't planned.
Ahh..better picture of their outfits. They are both very enthralled with the fire place. OOOOOOO, AHHHHHHHHHH
Nora went to her very first concert! IT was AWESOME! She danced and walked around and chilled in the grass. We saw Ralph's World. The singer, Ralph, actually lives in Glen Ellyn and I used to tutor his girlfriend's daughter. I had no idea he was this COOL. He is signed with Disney!
My favorite song has this verse in it... "m-o-m-m-y needs some c-o-f-f-e-e- ,d-a-d-d-y needs some c-o-f-f-e-e" All the kids in the audience were singing and spelling.

Nora and Audrey were dancing and giggling. Definitely need to do the concerts more often with her.

oh- one more thing. Nora is shocking me! The other day, I put the shower on and she went in the hall closet, opened the door, got one of HER washcloths and towels and brought it to the bathroom, all because she heard the water run and knew it was time for a bath. I didn't even have to tell her! Then, I was laying in bed yesterday and after TJ changed her diaper when she got up, she walked in the room, and came over by me. I said, "mommy has to brush her teeth, do you want to brush your teeth?" She nodded, walked out of our room, down the hall, into the bathroom, opened the drawer, took out her toothbrush and started brushing while walking back to the room. CRAZY!

4 comments:

Anne said...

WOW. That kitchen looks AMAZING!!!

The Luedtke Family said...

Great kitchen! Norah has the same citrus jumper and loves it! She asks for her "oranges" all the time and in this hotsy totsy weather, it is the cool and comfy outfit of choice!!

Unknown said...

I love the Kitchen !! Great work Laduca fam!!!

Sarah said...

Great job on the kitchen TJ! You guys must be loving it:)