
Happy 5 months old Nora! (well, she will be on Monday) We bought her a jumperoo. We heard from many fellow moms that this was a smart purchase. So, we bought it for Nora today. So far, she seems to think it is quite fun. She hasn't started to jump yet though.

We had a pet parade in our neighborhood today. Bailey was very happy visiting with all the dogs and Nora was all smiles. She gets quite a kick out of Bailey and being able to see a bunch of other dogs was amusing to her. TJ really seemed to like the parade. At one point, I couldn't find him, and then I realize there was a hotdog stand...

Needless to say, I found him.

Nora had her 4 month check up a bit late. The Doctor reported she is doing very well. A healthy...drum roll please...17lbs. 12oz. and 28in. long. VERY HEALTHY. The doctor also mentioned I can nurse twins. Not sure if that is a compliment.
Anyway, he mentioned we should try some cereal although I wanted to stick to veggies or fruit first. He said if babies try cereal during 4-6 months studies show they are less likely to develop Celiac Disease. Since we have stomach issues in may family and my mom does have Celiac, I thought I would give it a whirl. So far, she does not seem to care for the cereal. Perhaps in a few more days it will interest her.

"what are you giving me mom?"

We are also trying another new thing. My friend raves about cloth diapers (Anne) and when I was pregnant I really wanted to use them. I tried the g-diapers and Nora did not like them. She would fuss every time they were on. However, we went to a store in Naperville called Comfy Bummies and it was full of various cloth diapers. We purchased a few to try out. While they are expensive at first, in the long run, they do save money. I think I am in love already. I just need to figure out the whole dirty diaper system. I also need to try to get others that care for Nora on board. hmmmm?????
oh...Nora seems to enjoy these. They are literally like wearing a blanket around your butt. Who wouldn't enjoy that? (thanks Anne for being such an advocate)
2 comments:
Make sure the cereal is pretty thin. Maryn was pretty particular with her cereal in the beginning...I had to use breastmilk not water, but now she loves it any way we give it to her. SOOOOOO interested in cloth diapers...need details :) P.S. I want to squeeze that beautiful girl of yours!
Oh my gosh SO CUTE. I told Tony about TJ and the hot dog stand and her had to get out of his seat to see the picture! We love your little town! Try adding fruit to the cereal. My girls would never eat just rice cereal unless there was something sweet in it. Oh and I am SO happy you like the cloth diapers. I will share my system with you someday if you wish!!!
Post a Comment