Wednesday, August 24, 2011

So hard to let go

As I am sure all the readers of this blog have gathered thus far, I DO NOT LIKE LEAVING MY DAUGHTER. However, at this point I am still working and when those school bells ring-I need to be there!
The past couple of years we were fortunate to have family and ladies we knew very well come to our house to watch Nora. For TJ and I, this was ideal. However, this year, we are bringing Nora to an in- home daycare until the baby comes. After taking quite a few visits with Nora and watching her play with the 4 other children, we decided this would be a safe and fun place for Nora a few days a week while we were both at work.
While I know Nora is well taken care of, and she is excited to go each morning, it remains SO hard for me to "let her go". I know she enjoys playing with the other kids, she loves all the fun toys, and is following directions well, but it is so hard not having her just under our care, or in our home.
I wanted to share this video though. I saw it the other day with some fellow teachers and all I could think about was Nora and how sometimes, although she is only 2, it's okay to give her a little "push".
It may seem a bit cheesy to some of you, but it is helping me get through the week. :)




4 comments:

The Luedtke Family said...

It doesn't get any esier. I had to pry Norah off of my legs and hand her to Eric crying. She does not want me to go to my big school. She is adjusting to a new sitter, more time away from Simon, and soon to start preschool. Our lives our quite chaotic this week, for all of us.

Good luck with your adjustments!

Pam said...

Oh my, I just watched the video and am crying, what a beautiful way to view parenting. Nora will always soar.

Sarah said...

I feel for you this week Katie.I hope it gets easier very soon. We love the in-home daycare we chose and so does Claire. It makes a world of difference.

Lisa said...

Soon Nora will be in fifth grade and you'll have to let her go on outdoor education :-) It does get a bit easier, but it's never easy!