Well, that's it. Summer break for mama officially ends tonight. Waaaaa (tear). I realize being a teacher allows for such wonderful breaks over the hottest months of the year and for many families this is ideal. Believe me, I do realize this. However, Nora is obviously not school-age yet, and for me, leaving her no matter how much time I was just with her, still stinks! I certainly cannot complain much. I will be off in 8 short weeks again with a little peanut joining our family and could not be more excited!
We are getting very excited about the baby coming. Nora understands quite a bit about the baby. She currently believes there is a baby in her belly and tells me "it is kicking" often. Every morning, she kisses my belly and says "hi baby" or "ahhh, hi baby, love you". She also LOVES wearing the Big Sis shirt my mom bought her last week.
Although our summer together as a family of 3 is over, we are looking forward to the winter months snuggling as a family of 4. We did have fun this summer. We stayed quite busy at water parks, the library, play dates with friends, swimming in pools, going to the beach, traveling a bit, having many tea parties, shopping, and having Nora pretty much attached to me for almost 12 hours a day for 3 straight months!
This past weekend we wrapped up the summer with the following...
On Friday we went to a new place that had a huge indoor play area with a yummy cafe. Nora loved the huge tree fort. Later that day, Clifford was at a neighborhood town square. Oh my goodness, it was madness! So many kids, so hot, but Nora was super excited to see Clifford!
And tonight, we had a lovely dinner with friends.
All in all, a busy, but wonderful summer. We cherish every moment with you Nora!
1 comment:
What a fun weekend, I feel like I was there with you, she is so funny. I love her independence and outlook on life. She makes me smile every time I see her beautiful face.
Post a Comment