Monday, January 17, 2011

a weekend away



We had a really great long weekend with friends in Wisconsin Dells. I have lived in Chicago most of my life and have only been to the Dells once (as a teenager with a friend). Apparently, that is unheard of for many Chicago natives. :) So, we headed there this past weekend. We had such a great time.
This was not planned, I promise...all girls showed up wearing the EXACT same outfit! How funny/cute is that? They waisted no time getting to some serious playing and running around!

Matching toddlers and Anne.
Nora is quite comfortable around her friends. She obviously felt very comfortable tackling Tony while Lila was climbing on him. Sorry Tony.
But Lila took to T.J. quite well too. She is so darn cute and has the sweetest little voice.
We took the girls to a water park. The Dells is known for the hundreds of water parks and amusement type things for families. Nora LOVED it!!! TJ took her down a couple slides, I took her down the lazy river (in which, she kept asking for more while turning a little blue from being cold), and she splashed and splashed.
Posing with Adeline and wearing Adeline's bathing suit-thanks for that!
Cute pictures Anne took. Nora enjoying the water park and....
Nora looking mmmm not so thrilled.

Bath time at the end of a very long day.
We had such a wonderful time and enjoyed many long conversations, yummy food, watching the girls play and being able to relax away from home. The only super annoying thing was that TJ and I had to listen to a 3 hour long talk about a time share---grrrr. I am still angry about it. Thankfully, Anne and Tony watched Nora.
Just a fun extra picture of Nora enjoying her "ort" (fort) She wanted us to pull her little chair inside of it. Such a stinker.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Ha yup beat me to a post. We had the best time. Thanks!

Gabrielle Ferry said...

I'm finally catching up on your blog. So cute that the girls wore matching outfits!!!