Thursday, January 6, 2011

PEE PEE IN THE POTTY!!!!!!!!!!!!



SHE DID IT!!!!!!!! I'M NOT KIDDING! 20 months old yesterday, and Nora went PEE PEE IN THE POTTY!!!!!!!!
So crazy. And, I realize many of you may think this is gross that I am posting this, but I don't care. Writing this down in her baby book simply won't have the same effect as this picture will 10 or 20 years from now.
After Nora's bath tonight, I asked her if she wanted to sit on the toilet just as I have been the last few nights. She said "yea" and I held her on the toilet, sure as heck, she actually went pee pee. I think I actually frightened her a little with my jubilant reaction. But, a moment later, she pointed to the toilet again and said "butt". I asked if she wanted to go on and again and she said "yea". No pee pee the second time, but that is fine with me.
Now, I am not an idiot. I know this is quite a fluke. But, it is a step in the right direction. I always wondered what it would be like when Nora went pee pee the first time on the toilet. I am just as excited as I pictured I would be.
She is such a BIG girl!!!! a picture of her very first pee pee in the potty. She had to wipe too you know. So proud!!!

I have to add these little stories too since I want to remember them.
I was already so proud of her in the bath tonight that the pee pee was just a whopping amount of icing on top.
While taking a bath tonight, Nora was pretending to trim my nails like I do hers. It was so out of the blue. She took my hand and took my thumb and put her little nail under mine and pulled. Then, she said "one mo" (one more) and moved onto the pointer finger. She did the same thing for each finger on that hand. I thought that was so funny because it is exactly what I say while trimming hers.
The second thing in the bath...She loves blowing bubbles in the water (what child doesn't); however, she often likes me to join her. Well, I do. I bend over the side of the tub and blow bubbles. I would hate if anyone other then family ever walked in on me.
Anyway, she sat up and wiped her nose with a wash cloth. She saw that my nose was wet, and wiped it. Then she said "betta?" (better) I was so shocked because it was such an appropriate thing to say and a question.
What a night!


3 comments:

Anne said...

Yeah for Nora!

Sarah said...

Great post Katie! 20 months already?

Laura said...

Way to go Nora!!