Sunday, December 7, 2008

Hi everyone!
We just got back from Mexico around 4:30 today. TJ is terribly ill. I have no idea what he ate or drank, but the horrible Mexico bug you have all heard about has attacked poor TJ's stomach. He is mucho sicko. I on the other hand, was extremely careful the entire trip, and am doing fine. TJ also watched what I was eating like a hawk. In fact, I think he was so worried about me, he forgot about himself. (This also happens every time I go to Starbucks, which isn't often anymore. TJ is the Starbucks police, he won't let me order anything I want, just a chi tea, ugh).

The baby seemed to enjoy Mexico, for he or she as enhanced the size of my belly greatly within the last five days. I suppose some of that may be attributed to the constant eating as well.
We had a great time hanging out with TJ's friends from high school. They are such good guys and really fun to be around.
TJ's friend from high school, Mac, and his wife are also pregnant. We are actually four days apart, which is really weird. They are having a girl and Mac's wife is a nurse in the neonatal unit, (I believe) so we spent many hours talking about babies while hanging out in the sun. She also gave me helpful hints..such as..."Katie, you aren't supposed to be in the hot tub", and "No, you are not supposed to get a message while you are pregnant." So, much thanks goes to Rebecca and Mac.
The only thing I was slightly bummed about while in Mexico was that I REALLY, REALLY wanted an orange. Just a big orange with the skin still on it. In fact, I was craving it prior to our trip and told myself...it's okay, I'll get some in Mexico. However, the resort kindly peeled all fruit prior to serving. Don't they realize there are some pregnant woman there and all they want to do is have their own big orange to peel and enjoy! GEEZ!
Other than that, and TJ's tummy, the trip was wonderful!

Once TJ is feeling better, we will upload pictures.
love you all.

No comments: