Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Fun


With Christmas behind us and the New Year approaching quickly we have so much to be thankful for. For one... Katie's belly is now bigger than mine. (And yes we measured.) She continues to feel great and with both families getting more excited as days pass, we know this baby is going to be spoiled beyond belief. Santa was very good to us, but even better to the baby. Amazing how a child that isn't even born yet can already be collecting so much stuff.

We spent the holiday back in Buffalo with my family and friends. It was so great to see everyone. Christmas Eve at Wayne and Sherry's was a blast. The plan was to go skiing but the 2 feet of snow that was in Buffalo when we arrived melted before the weekend, so instead we all just hung out in Ellicottville (ski country) for a couple of days, which we love.




We did have a first while we were in Buffalo. This past weekend marked the first time I have been able to feel the baby move. I happen to have had my hand on Katie's belly and out of the blue I felt something. I looked at Katie and she said "did you feel that?" It was crazy. It is hard to describe how weird it is to know there is something growing inside my wife's stomach.





The baby received gifts from pretty much everyone. Aunt Tara got the baby some great outfits, as did Aunt Lesli. Grandma and Grandpa gave the baby some stuffed animals and a picture for the baby's room.
We will celebrate with Katie's family this week.

Katie is not happy I posted this picture, it is certainly not a glamor shot. But, the shirt is very funny.

No comments: