Friday, August 31, 2012

Her First day of School!

 Someone tell me I am dreaming! I feel as though I just gave birth to my sweet baby girl yet she just had her very first day of school. I want time to FREEZE! 
Nora started Preschool on Thursday. She is going to St. James and her teacher is Mrs. Nicholson.
Nora was really excited all week prior to the first day. The first day was more of an introduction. Parents were able to stay and observe. My mom was able to watch the kids on Nora's first day, so TJ and I were able to take Nora and stay with her the whole hour. She seemed to enjoy herself.
TJ told her to bring an apple for the teacher which she proudly handed Mrs. Nicholson as soon as she confirmed it was in fact, Mrs. Nicholson that was opening the door to meet her and the other little ones. -
Nora- "What's your name"
Mrs. N- "Mrs. Nicholson, you must be Nora"
Nora- "Oh, Hi Mrs. Nicholson, I'm Nora-here you go" (gives apple to her and takes off into the classroom)
Nora sat really nicely in the circle/played with all the various toys/and met some really sweet kids. Of course she hugged like three kids and kissed a little girl right on the mouth before leaving.
I think she will do well. I just hope she follows directions. :)
 So proud to be going to school!
 Picture outside of school
 Circle time right before they began a prayer. The girl Nora is sitting next to is the the one she kissed. I hope they become friends or that is just going to be weird.
Later that evening, Nora was playing dress up while we were downstairs eating and talking to my sister who stopped over. She proudly came downstairs with my make-up on. I have to teach her that concealer is not the same as lip gloss. :) TJ almost puked. LOL 

2 comments:

Anne said...

Awww.. So cute. Love that she gave hugs and kisses!

Sarah said...

Sounds like she had a great first day. The picture with your make-up on is hilarious!