So, I am still that mom that just marvels at most everything her child does. Is it crazy of me? I just love them to pieces and even when things aren't going so well, I just can't believe God gave us these amazing little children. I love watching them grow and change, but as I have said before in many posts...I want them to just STOP sometimes because it is happening so fast! Nora is at the age in which we hear "WHY?" thousands of times throughout the day. She is also pursuing her independence more and more. This is definitely fun to see, but scary at times especially when we are in public places. The thing that amazes me most though-is when I can actually witness those little wheels turning in her head as she is figuring something out.
She is still on a Tarzan kick. She loves to play Tarzan throughout the day which consists of her shouting "TARZAN" to me and "LITTLE GORILLA" to Teddy and we hide from Lions or Tigers or something.
The funny thing about this...she will not stop yelling "Tarzan" unless I answer in a deep voice! If I just say "what", that is apparently unacceptable. I have to answer in a deep voice for the conversation to continue.
And, this was one of the conversations we had last night as I was putting her pj's on her...
Nora: "Mom, I get big big big"
Me: " I know you are, stay small...I don't want you to get big"
Nora: "oh, okay mom, don't be sad, I stay small. When I get big, I get dots all over my face"
Me: "oh you are going to have dots on your face like mommy?"
Nora: "yeah...dot dot dot dot..BIg dot" (as she points to one of the darker freckles on my forehead)
Real nice. maybe I should wear powder or something.
Merry Christmas
9 years ago
2 comments:
Too funny. Similarly, Claire is obsessed with my beauty mark. They are so observant.
Hiding your beauty marks will only teach her to hide hers (if she grows some). Embrace the beauty!
I also love the daily conversations.
Post a Comment