Sunday, September 18, 2011

Showering the bride-to-be

My beautiful sister's shower was today. We had such a nice time and my mom worked her butt of getting everything ready. I wish I was more help to her, but admittedly, I wasn't. Here are a few pictures of today.

Nora was so so so excited for the "party" and kept saying "happy day Mel". She was most excited to wear her party dress.
If you can believe it, this dress was my MOM's! It was super cute on Nora. And I love that it is vintage-ish. I think she looks like Shirley Temple. Despite Nora's runny nose and little cough, she had a great time. I think Nora might just grow up and start performing. The girl loves a stage. Not kidding at all, she saw the stage at the front of the room and time after time ran up to it and started dancing and singing. This is definitely a gene she gets from my mother and her aunt Tara I think. Today made me a bit nervous for the actual wedding day. Keeping Nora close to our sides and a small baby happy and away from a bunch of germs is going to be a bit challenging. Any advice is welcome!
(If she wears this dress again, she totally needs a different bow).

3 comments:

The Luedtke Family said...

Just make clear expectations or rules and describe that it is your sister's day. Develop clear consequences for what will happen if she does not follow the rules. Explain the order of events. First church, pictures, then talking before a meal, eat dinner, dancing and having fun (etc, whatever the events are). Knowing the events and what behavior is expected may be beneficial. Arrange to have a sitter, for just Nora, at some point in the evening, if possible.

Rebecca and Mac said...

That beautiful Nora totally looks like Shirley Temple! Those curls are to die for!! Did I mention that I totally think you're having a boy!! Just sayin' :) Hope you're feeling well, you look fantastic!

Janelle said...

So cute! I'd love to come help with the baby at the church! Just let me know if you want me to :).