Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Enjoying summer

Well, we haven't been all the busy lately, but we have been "keeping busy". Nora met her friend Abby at a little zoo last week. She loved the ducks and goats.
We went to my mom and dads on Friday to swim a little because it was over 90 degrees, but the pool was still too damn cold. Nora's cousins didn't mind, but she HATED it. Maggie got her in for about 2 minutes and then out she came. They better get a heater for that thing soon, we are al big wimps when it comes to cold water.
Father's Day was great. Nora is one special little girl and she has a pretty wonderful father. He loves her to pieces and is always trying to teach her something new. I am so thankful every day that I have TJ by my side.
We spent the morning hanging out, skyping, and playing. We walked around downtown Naperville, saw some friends and went to my parents.
We had a book party instead of a tea party yesterday. Nora gave all her friends a book and thought it was very funny. She also enjoys throwing her animals down the stairs (I probably should not have taught her how to do that)
She decided to read them a story. What a good reader you are Nora Kay!
I bought her a water table today. We have been debating the purchase for awhile. TJ was not interested in another large object, but I thought she would enjoy it. She tried it out at a friends house this past weekend. So, I bought it and after it was set up, TJ said..."you should of got one with more bells and whistles". UGH..typical man.
Tonight, we had one of my favorite guys over for dinner. I taught Andy for 3 years and he is also our neighbor. His parents are great and although I miss teaching him, I love that I could just be much more casual with his parents now. We went for a walk tonight and he opted to have dinner with us instead of going to his sisters baseball game. I'm so glad he did. I love this kid. He had us cracking up at dinner.

No comments: