Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving weekend was full of adventures for our little family! We took a long car trip to BUFFALO to see Nora's Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Lesli. I was really nervous about the long car ride because Nora is not a huge fan of being in her carseat. While I will say packing up for a trip and driving a long distance with a 6 month old is not the most enjoyable thing to do, Nora did GREAT and we have had a Wonderful time.
We had to break up our trip for Nora. In the past we would have drove 9 hours straight, but we stopped every 2.5 hours. We stopped at Notre Dame for Lunch.
We then drove to Toledo and stayed the night. Nora was able to take a dip in the pool. She didn't seem incredibly excited, but she didn't cry either. Mommy was a wimp and didn't go in all the way, but TJ did.
She slept in a VERY big bed. I joined her later in the night for fear she would really roll.
The next morning we drove to Cleveland and were able to go to Gabe's parents' house for lunch. They were so kind to have a wonderful lunch waiting for us. I love you all Stocum family. It was so great to see all of the. I haven't seen Gabe's family since college. Gabe and Rich now live in Pittsburgh and shared WONDERFUL news with us! COnGratUlaTiONs to the parents-to-be! They are due in Late May and we couldn't be more happy for them. You are going to be such amazing parents. God Bless you both and enjoy the pregnancy!
We got to Buffalo on Wednesday night. Nora was tired but not too tired to play with Grandma who was VERY excited to see her.
I think this is my very favorite picture of Nora. I swear she is the happiest baby ever! She doesn't take naps real well lately but you wouldn't really know it because she talks all the time and smiles CONSTANTLY!
She had fun playing with Auntie Lesli on Thanksgiving Day.
She partied so hard,she just couldn't stay awake a moment longer.
I actually never thought I would see Nora fall asleep anywhere other than in our arms, her carseat, or her crib. But alas, she was really tired today and actually fell asleep sitting up in Lesli's arms. Way TOO funny! She was actually doing the head bob. I totally did the head bob all through college during boring discussions. Nora takes after her mommy in some ways already. :)

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are so very thankful for the friends and family we have in our life. We are very blessed.

5 comments:

Anne said...

Awesome pictures!!! I LOVE The family shot. You def should frame that one!!!

Anne said...

BTW don't you just love when little babies sleep in big beds. They look SO CUTE!

Janelle said...

Such a cute family you have, Katie :) Looks like Nora's digging the trip to Buffalo!

The Luedtke Family said...

I think you have your Christmas card photo! Beautiful

Gabrielle Ferry said...

Awww... I LOVE Nora's big grin in the family photo. So cute! I can't believe she crashed like that. She does take after her mom. Didn't we call you narco (as in narcoleptic) in college?
So happy we got to see you guys. It was a great way to kick of the Thanksgiving weekend!
xoxo