Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Shall I sum up this crazy week? Okay...

Just have to blog about this because I know in the future I will look back and think...now, that wasn't soo bad.
First, both kids have not been feeling well since last Monday. Runny noses, little coughs. Nora did not go to school Tuesday and Thursday which would have been her first week back since Christmas break.
Then, the week continued to get really annoying...

The craziness began last Thursday night. I went to do laundry and saw black "stuff" submerging from under our dryer where there is a small drain. TJ and I cleaned it up, poured a good amount of bleach down the drain and hoped calling a plumber could wait for the weekend. Alas, it could not wait. Friday afternoon, our sitter called TJ and said "there is quite a lot of black stuff all over the laundry room floor." Mind you, this is not an easy clean-up. It  requires moving the dryer, and washing machine in a very narrow space in order to clean/fix whatever is going on.
Plumber + big ol' plumber bill to get our sewer line rotted took place on Saturday.

Monday went pretty well and Tuesday I took off in order to take Teddy to the doctor and I thought, finish up my root canals. If you remember, I had 2 root canals over Thanksgiving break.
So, my mom watched the kids as I drove 40 min. to the endodontist. After he worked on 1 tooth for
1.5 hours, he suggested I come back for the second tooth. This typically wouldn't be a big deal, but I am still quite jaded by the fact that they did the initial root canal on the WRONG TOOTH. So, Tuesday= annoying dentist apt.and big dentist bill!
I may also mention...NURSING DOES A TOLL on your teeth. The fact that I nursed Nora for 15 months and still nurse Teddy occasionally at 15 months, plus went off dairy for a year and neglected to take calcium supplements can be part of the problem with my teeth. (All you nursing mamas should take calcium supplements!)

As I was driving back to get Nora and Teddy I called TJ to explain all the tooth business and many future appointments, he told me..."don't rush home, our heat went out!" So, fortunately a friend of my parents is a heating and air guy and went to our house. Turns out...WE NEED A NEW FURNACE! UGH!  Wednesday night= really really really big furnace bill. BARF.
In all honesty, the heating issue wouldn't be so annoying if we were planning on staying in our house for years to come. But the fact that we really want to start looking elsewhere is just irritating that we need to put in a brand new furnace.

In addition to that stuff, I cannot upload anything from my iphone to my mac. Anyone else have this problem? If so...HELP!

We are supposed to take Nora skiing this weekend. I really hope all this furnace stuff will be completed by Friday afternoon so we could just move on from this annoying week.
I know all of the above are just little problems in the big scheme of things and we are all healthy so that is what really matters. But, good grief, it has just been one thing after another.

On the brighter side of things, Teddy is awesome and such a doll. He continues to try new things and challenge himself. He follows Nora around like a hawk and has been showing his disapproval of things when he does not get what he wants. He has begun teasing her by taking something of hers and running with it while giggling his little head off as she yells at him "hey brother I was using that". Quite funny.
Nora continues to crack us up. She remembers EVERYTHING. She loves to pretend and make up songs and have dance parties. She is really into her Care Bear lately and princesses. She also loves Disney movies and books. She has been acting out Atlantis lately after we have read the book numerous times. She never saw that movie. The funny part is, she will act out the book by imitating the pictures in the book and then saying the exact things the character said in the book. If we say the wrong part-she will correct us.
This morning, I was holding her and Teddy and she said "he's so cute this little boy of mine". I said, "Nora, you are so sweet, Teddy loves you so much". She followed up by saying.."I am going to grow up to be like you mom, and it's okay, don't worry, God is going to give me a baby and then you will be a nana".  She is certainly making the connections.

No comments: