Monday, January 21, 2013

Precious moments

Tonight was one of those nights that it felt like my children needed to be asleep 3 hours ago. They were both exhausted from a fun-filled weekend of skiing and swimming and sleeping over night away from home. TJ left for a business trip today and Nora and Teddy and I just hung out inside playing all day. But, none-the-less, they were tired.
Teddy went to sleep by 6:45 and as Nora and I were getting into her bed to read books, he woke up. I told her she couldn't get out of bed but I would be right back. By the time I finished putting Teddy back down it was 7:06 and she was already asleep. THIS NEVER HAPPENS.
I had one of those moments as I kissed her goodnight, that you realize how very blessed you are. I thank God every day for my life and my healthy children, but tonight was just different in a way.

As I got comfy and started responding to an email, Teddy woke up again. My first thought..."I knew this was too good to be true". So, I went up again to rock him and as soon as he fell asleep, he did the sweetest thing. He rolled over in my arms to be on his tummy and his little butt was straight up in the air while his chubby cheeks were pressed against the armrest.

Once again, I realized, this was another precious moment that I just need to love and cherish the snuggle time I get. I mean, there is not much better than staring at a babies chubby cheeks while they are sleeping. Those chubby cheeks go away way too fast.

No comments: