Friday, June 8, 2012

planning ahead

I saw this on pinterest and decided I would give it a whirl. This past Sunday, I made a bunch of ready-to-go meals that I just have to throw in the crock pot. It took about 2 hours to find recipes I liked, chop veggies and meat, and put it all together. I was so excited! (pathetic to get excited about this I know). To be honest, my thought was to start doing this for when I go back to work at the end of August. Then TJ and my mom looked at me like I was nuts because the food will probably be freezer burned by then. So, we will use them this summer on days we just want to hang at the pool or play all day and I don't feel like cooking. My new plan-when I make something that I know I can freeze, I am just going to make double and freeze it for the crock pot. I hope this works because honestly, I have frozen things before and they are still in my freezer 10 months later. I am thinking this will be different since I actually still have to cook these meals.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like a great idea!

Anne said...

Awesome idea!