Monday, June 4, 2012

Check ups!

 I took the kiddos for their check-ups a few weeks ago. Nora and Teddy both needed wellness visits.  They were both great at the doctor and things went smoothly. Nora is obviously still off the charts for height and weight is 90%. She is all set to start 3 year old preschool in the fall two mornings a week! If I was staying at home again, I don't know if I would put her into the program. But, since I will be going back to work and we will have someone coming to our home to watch the kiddos, I think she needs time for the interaction with others.
Nora is extremely outgoing. At times, it actually worries us because she will talk to any other child she sees. Most times, this is fine and we let her do her thing while watching closely. But there are times when some interactions do not go so smoothly. It already breaks my heart. Nora will go up to another child and say "hi", introduce herself, ask them to play, or even touch their arm. Some kids do not respond so well. I completely understand that other children may not be as outgoing and Nora usually doesn't seem to mind that either. But, there are definitely some children that are just not nice. These are typically children that are a few years older than her. Her feelings definitely get hurt but she overcomes it pretty quickly-luckily. We are trying to teach her that not everyone wants to play with people that they do not know very well. Needless to say, I think she will LOVE preschool!
She had some ice cream with her cousin after the doctor appointment.

As for my big dude...
Well, at 7 months, this guy weighs 23.5 lbs!!!! He is tall too. He measures 30 1/4 inches. This puts my guy at the 97 percentile for weight and height! No wonder my back hurts so bad. On the good side, he is healthy, strong, and so darn squeezable! I'm also getting some killer arm muscles. :)
 He started getting up on his arms and knees around Mother's Day. He was so proud of himself. After that, he was rocking back and forth. Here he is practicing his moves at 7 months.

 He is such a happy guy. He loves watching us.
 He plays really well on his own as long as there is plenty of "stuff" around him. This has been a blessing at times especially when I need to rush Nora upstairs to go potty or get meals ready or snacks ready. To be honest, I really don't like letting the kids play on their own. I know it is good for them to do at times, but I always feel bad as though I am ignoring them.
 And, when I leave this guy alone for 2 minutes, this is what happens...
I brought Nora to the bathroom and came back to his room and seriously could not find him for a second. He scooted himself backwards UNDER the crib!
Since I took these pictures, Teddy has actually started to CRAWL!!!!!!!  Last Wednesday, May 30th, he took 1 knee forward and sort of did that for a couple of days. He would get on all fours, take 1 knee forward, pivot and sit. He managed to get wherever he wanted to go by doing this. But, on Sunday, he REALLY crawled. He did at least 4 hand, knee, hand, knee, moves!!!! And, that same day, he started clapping!!! He was so proud of himself and we are so proud of him!
I love 7 months. It is such a fun age for babies.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Way to go, Teddy!!