Saturday, June 25, 2011

the latest, which includes horse riding!

Well, we have been going, going, going! Nora has been pretty busy this summer which is really fun. Along with her dance class, she is taking a sports class. This allows the little tykes some exposure to a bunch of different sports. I am not as thrilled with this class as the dance class. Quite frankly, I think I can teach it just as well. I am not tooting my own horn. It's just that, there is not a whole lot of structure to the class and they started the first class with GOLF. I mean, come on-GOLF? Wouldn't you start a sports class for 2 year olds with something like basketball, or soccer, or a sport that involves a ball larger than a child's fist? Anyway, Nora enjoyed parts of the class. She totally liked the beginning which was singing "Head, shoulders, knees, and toes". She was an ace at that. :) (oh, she is the one with the big puffy "mini mouse" ears)
She still loves her dance class. And, she participated much better the second class.
We had a little party for her 2nd birthday at the splash park near our house. SHE LOVES the splash park! We made little bags with all the kiddo's names on them and put their lunches in the bag. We included buckets too so they could use them in the water or sand. This worked out well because then the kids could just take a break when they needed it instead of all sitting down at the same time (which we know does not happen with 2 year olds) :)
Having fun with a couple of her friends...
Last weekend we went strawberry picking. I LOVED it. Nora enjoyed 2 buckets worth and then was ready for a break. It was really nice to be out in the fields and feel like you worked a bit for the food we enjoyed. I could definitely do that more often. We made one awesome strawberry pie. The rest of the berries are in our freezer. I need to do something with them.

Later that day, TJ wanted to wash the car and Nora decided she wanted to help. It started off quite well...But, turned into a really fun outside session of hair washing.
This weekend, we took Nora to visit horses...again.
However, unlike our many trips to the nearby equestrian center, Nora was able to have some special time with a perfect Nora-sized PONY! This is actually a friend of T.J's sons' pony. His friend has twin boys that are almost 3. They are much more interested in their John Deer Tractors then this precious pony so Nora got plenty of one on one time with the guy.
The pride Nora expressed on her face when she was able to feed, walk, and ride the fellow was wonderful to see. She had so much fun.

The pony's name is Ranger. He is such a tolerant guy.
Nora's very first "riding lesson", I guess! This can be an expensive interest.
She's a natural! :)

No comments: