Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Love Bug!

Happy 2nd Birthday Nora!!!
While I continue to be truly amazed by how much Nora changes and learns day by day, I can't help but be a bit sad when I think how fast time goes by. My little baby is a big 2 year old. How does this happen so fast people?
Nora is surrounded by many loving people and we are so very blessed to have such wonderful family and friends in our life to help her learn and become a caring person.
Since her birthday fell in the middle of the week, we sort of celebrated a various times throughout the week.
Last weekend, we went to a Chocolate Festival and Nora was able to ride a horse. She LOVED it! In fact, TJ was trying to help her and she kept pushing his hand away and telling him "daddy,no." Apparently, she is an expert at horse riding at the age of 2.
Then, the "birthday fairy" came and decorated Nora's bedroom door. While Justin Bieber is much better "suited" for preteens, I think the "fairy" figured Nora has many years ahead of her for princess obsessions and such. Therefore, she took fully advantage of the fact that this 2 year old actually recognizes Bieber, sings "baby, baby" and blows kisses to Bieber.
Mommy, has learned her lesson and is staying clear of teenage pop stars from now on.
By the way, Nora woke up on her Birthday and was super excited about the balloons. We said "Happy Birthday Nora" and she kept repeating "Happy Day" Happy Day"
Her birthday dinner consisted of a few of her current favorites...
Pancakes and smoothies. YUM!
The big girl waiting for her Nana and Papa and aunt Mel to come over after her dinner.
As a two year old, Nora loves to sing, dance, repeat everything we say, play outside, read books, listen to stories, help mommy cook, and recently, pretend she is a baby. She also remembers SO much. I am honestly bewildered at times by how much she remembers. She still LOVES to snuggle and be held, really enjoys playing with other kids, and does not like to wear pants. Not sure why that is an issue lately, but it is.
What do you get a 2 year old that sings a lot...
Yes, a microphone. And would you believe it...the first thing she started singing was "baby baby, ooo baby" I will post the video at some point. Her second favorite at this point is the Wheels on the bus.

We followed up her birthday with a little celebration on Sunday with some family. She loved singing Happy Birthday and blowing out the candles. Then, she took a scoop of cake right from the middle of the cake. The cake was quickly removed.

In addition to a fun birthday week for Nora, we were able to celebrate Mother's Day today.
Some times, I still can't believe I am a mom. Since I was young I knew I wanted to be a mom and I just feel so blessed that we have a little girl I get to love and teach and another baby on the way.
A belly shot. 16 weeks!
Haven't been taking as many pics. this time around. I have to get better at that.
We went for a lovely bike ride at an equestrian center near our house this morning.
Nora, the expert horse rider, loved the horses.


Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mommies out there. And thank you to my mom who has taught me so much. So many woman in my life teach me to be a better mom. Thank you for your influence!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy birthday Nora! I loved your Bieber birthday decorations. Claire loves him too... it's crazy.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Nora! What a big beautiful girl you are turning into!