Monday, May 30, 2011

What's been going on???

Well, we took Nora to see Elmo Live! The show was super cute and Nora definitely enjoyed herself. The first 10 min. she was so excited and then she seemed over stimulated by all the huge characters, music, and dancing. She just sat in her chair and watched in amazement. Grandma and Papa were in town and Grandma was able to come with!
We had a great visit when they were here. Grandma and Papa watched Nora for a couple of days and they did all sorts of fun activities. They went to see the horses, went shopping, out to eat, and played a ton!
Nora put on her little tiara from Grandma the other day. I was a bit nervous I was going to see some spicy attitude, but not out of this little one. :) She thought it was a "bow" and continued playing all day with it in her hair. So silly.
I took Nora to the store to actually purchase her flower girl dress over the weekend. I had mixed feelings about this day. Nora LOVED putting on the dress and twirling and spinning in it. However, at this fancy dress shop, she also loved going out to the main room, standing on the stage thing, and dancing/singing/shouting. While funny at home, I felt awful because a couple of brides were have the "moment of their lives" while my 2 year old is making a scene. I was giving her a little talk in the dressing room after one of her several "performances" in the above picture. She did not take me very seriously. :(
Happy Memorial Day! We had a wonderful day today. We went to a parade that my dad helped organize and he did a great job being the speaker at the event to honor many veterans. I get so choked up at parades. In day to day life, I do forget how much others give of themselves for our freedom. The men and women who serve our country are heros and I love we have days like today to remember that. I am so proud my father has served our country and is so involved with the Veterans today.

No comments: