Sunday, November 14, 2010

growing up.

Nora is in a new stage in which she thoroughly enjoys feeding herself (which she is quite good at) and always wanting BIG pieces of whatever it is we are giving her. An example of this would be the entire banana or cereal bar as opposed to the sections she would get in the past. I remember this from the past when I would babysit kids and they would get so upset if they only received small parts of a whole. I didn't understand then, nor do I now, how children develop that idea of wanting 'more' at such a young age. See people-it starts before you are 2, the American dream of always wanting MORE. ugh.
She went to this play area during the week with her aunt Mel. There were a bunch of crooked houses and activities for the kiddos to do. She loved it I guess and was particularly interested in the register.
Feeding herself again. Daddy made her breakfast like the big kids eat...over easy eggs, toast, and melon. SHE LOVED it! I especially like the jelly all over her face. :)
UH OH!!!!!!!!!!!! CAUGHT IN THE ACT!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear, I left her for 1 MIN. 1 MIN! She got a highlighter off of TJ's desk, took the lid off, and drew on the couch. OOPS! Damage was already done, so I had to grab the camera-wouldn't you?
Not really sure if my "Nora NO NO, we draw on paper not the couch" speech worked very well, but when she saw me cleaning it off-she wanted in on that action too and helped. hmmm. It came out, for the most part.
While the highlighter episode took place, TJ was racking leaves which Nora wanted to join in on after we cleaned the couch together. She wants to do whatever we are doing. This was at 8:00 in the morning. So, I put her boots and coat on over her P.J.'s and she helped daddy rake and throw leaves yesterday.
All bundled and looking cozy. So very innocent right?

Busted again! She took the graham crackers from the cabinet! So very proud of herself.

Today was ravioli making day. We do this every year for Thanksgiving. This is the crew minus my brother-who was taking one of his many breaks. Although, I can't talk, I showed up 4 hours late. Nora didn't join in the action this year but she was there walking in and out of the hectic kitchen. 4 bottles of wine and 450 raviolis later-we are ready for the 1st course of the Thanksgiving meal for the big "get together".

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Claire is exactly the same way with her food. Only big pieces or she won't eat. Where do they get it from?

I'm dreading the marker scenario at our house too. It's bound to happen.