
Well, it has been a couple weeks since I posted. We have had fun filled days! Nora has had a rough week with sleep. She did not take a nap for 4 days this past week! What the heck? We are all sticking to the same routine, but she is not having it. Time to switch things up a bit. Good thing for the long weekend-we get to spend some good quality time with Nora and try a new sleeping tactic. She is a determined girl, I'll tell you that!
Apparently, sitting on Bailey was a good seating choice early this week. Not sure if Bailey would agree.

We went to the cutest Apple Festival last weekend. I got a corn on the cob for myself, and Nora thought it looked mighty tasty-she ate the ENTIRE thing! This festival was HUGE and just adorable. There was so much to do. Nora even danced a bit!

Study time. Nora is a very dedicated student. She takes her coloring and sticker placement very seriously.

In this picture she is telling me to sit by her. She says "mommy" and then motions for me to sit by her and even taps the seat to show me exactly where to sit. So funny. She really enjoys playing at this table and doing little projects.

I think she saw her daddy playing with the i pad and thought she would give it a whirl. Pretty cool right Nora? To be honest, she has sat with TJ while he was using the ipad maybe 10 times or so. She independently knows how to touch the screen and what button to press if she is not interested in the page. Pretty sure she is not going to be sitting next to him much anymore while he is using it. She DOES NOT need to know how to work electronics at her age~!

However, she can go for as many bike rides as she wants! We bought her this helmet last weekend while we borrowed my aunts burley. She was not thrilled at first to be in the thing, but once we started riding the bikes-she kept asking for "mo, mo" (more)

"hmmmmm, so much do think about" deep thoughts.

Eating by herself apparently requires 2 spoons.
Which, I should mention, yesterday I was counting with her and she is able to say "two" now. I am trying to teach her to say "one" when we ask how old she is, but I ask, and she says "two".
She also said "classical" yesterday. She has a microphone toy that says it and she repeated it yesterday-so cool! I mean, it wasn't perfect, but it was definitely the word "classical".

We went to Goebbert's Farm again this year for a pumpkin. This was Nora last year and this is her today...

I can't believe what a difference 1 year can make. This year she can stand all by herself with an actual interest in the Sesame Street characters behind her.
By the way-it was like 85 degrees today-crazy! Thank God I had a different outfit for her-she was sweating!

locked up!

"which pumpkin should I choose?"

She is SOOOOO tall! (notice the outfit change?) Almost 3 ft.

We had such a great time. We were able to meet up with the UD girls, our babies, and hubbies. Any opportunity to be around my college girlfriends makes me realize how very lucky I am to have such great friends. Only 3 of us live in Chicago, so this was such a fun treat to have the other girls in town.
I love that it could be years since we have seen each other, but we can get together and it is truly like no time has past at all. Our lives have changed drastically, but we are the same girls we were 10 years ago in some ways. I wish we were able to see more of each other. Thanks ladies, for a really great day!

Relaxing with GREAT company after a might hot day at the Pumpkin patch.
Happy Fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment