Monday, July 26, 2010

Cousins at the zoo

Nora and I went to the zoo on Friday with a few of my cousins. When we were little we would go every year. We looked like a mob of loud Italian ladies with a bunch of crazy kids running around and a 6 foot sub stretched across a couple of wagons. This year, only a few of us went, and no ridiculous subs. It was really fun to resume the tradition, however we chose the hottest day of the year to go-go figure.
All the kiddos.
Nora with her cousins Taylor and Avery.

Nora was so cute holding Sean's hand. She is developing such a funny personality. She talks ALL the time, makes "funny faces", climbs on everything, understands SO much of what we all say, and constantly makes us laugh.
NOra loved the monkey's. Uncle Jim and Aunt Melissa thought this would be a cute picture.
We took a picture in front of the Buffalo for daddy. I kept telling her, "Daddy is from Buffalo". :) She was really tired by the end of day. I am never able to move her from place to place when she sleeps without her waking up. On Friday, that wasn't a problem at all. She was zonked.

In other news, TJ is working feverishly on our kitchen. It has been a nightmare. TJ's dad came in this weekend to help tear up the kitchen. Turns out, there were many more problems then expected. Nora and I have been staying at my parents until the dust literally settles.

1 comment:

The Luedtke Family said...

Ooohhh, the kitchen remodel! Such fun times. I remember ours, I left to MN to see my parents for close to 2 weeks. Came home to only the bottom cabinets installed. Eric hired a cleaning lady - which was the most fantastic idea ever. He ripped the kitchen down to the studs, so quite a whole house mess. (Very much needed and highly recommended when the dust settles!) Since I still had about 2 weeks until completion, a 3 year old and an infant, I learned to cook mac-n-cheese in a rice cooker in the bathroom. The fridge was working in the dining room, where the stove was also stored. The microwave was in working order, but in the basement. I was referred to reynolds.com and they have easy and delicious reynolds wrap recipies. I prepared a weeks worth of dinners, grilled them on the grill, then warmed them in the microwave each night for dinner. Worked like a charm!!! Nothing more chaotic then the most important room in the house is torn apart.