
Nora took her first Spring Break Vacation! We went to Washington D.C. to visit Tara and Steve, and then Nora and I went to Philly for a day and a half to visit two very good friends and their son Adam. (TJ had to leave us early because of work :( )
We did have a great time. Tara and Steve took such good care of us. Gave us a grand tour of D.C., since every other time we've been there it centered more around partying. They made us fabulous dinners, and gathered a bunch of baby stuff so we wouldn't have to transport it.
Really, the only down side of the trip...Southwest Broke Our STroller ...errrrrrrr. WE had to duck tape the wheel. Good thing my hubby is handy.

Our first adventure to see the White House, Cherry Blossoms, and kite festival. Nora was thrilled to be outside and people watching.

Nora checking out where the President lives. He invited her in to play on the swing set, but we were just too busy.

She loved being held by her auntie Tara and her uncle Steve

Those Cherry Blossoms are beautiful, but nothing is prettier than this little girl's smile!

"I'm number one!" or, is that an L?
She loved looking at all the kites flying in the air...there were hundreds.

Hanging with her daddy. They are so darn cute together.

These trees were truly gorgeous. People were everywhere. It was extremely crowded. But, it was nice to see that so many families visit our capital.

We did very touristy stuff. We went to the American History Smithsonian and Natural History Smithsonian. Uncle Steve took pride in teaching Nora about many many things we passed. He not only would tell her about what the object was, but what species, what it ate, I don't really know actually-I would lose interest. But, Nora listened to every word.

And, I would show her the animals and make animal noises. She really loved looking at all the animals. Everything was "dog"

Once again, teaching NOra about something that didn't interest me.

This however, did interest me. Anyone know what it is??? Julia's Kitchen! Pretty awesome to see.

We were fortunate to meet up with Mike and Amy also. They came over for dinner on Sunday and we talked and played and had a lovely time visiting with them. Amy is a natural with kids.

Okay, so now Nora and I ventured off on our own for our trip to Philly. I was honestly quite nervous. We had to take the metro from D.C. to the train station, then the 2 hour train trip to Philly. However, it went quite smoothly. Luckily, Steve took the metra with us to Union Station (a huge help), then we got help onto the train, got a great seat, and enjoyed the ride! We had to wait a few minutes for Kristin to pick us up so Nora enjoyed her rest on the bench at the train station.

Nora finally met Adam! They were so cute together and really hit it off. They played all around the house and Nora followed Adam everywhere. I loved being able to let her crawl around and play with toys and just visit with a dear friend.

Tonight, we arrived home to see Daddy! Nora was thrilled to see him. I am a bit nervous about her sleeping tonight. She is a bit off from all the traveling. But, she seems very happy to be home.
So, that was Spring Break, now we have Easter to look forward to. Hop to it Nora!
(Thanks Aunt Lesli for the cute ears, I couldn't resist. But, we will wait to open the rest of the gifts till Easter morning).
3 comments:
Oh that looks like SO much fun!!! I am jealous you went to DC. It is awesome during the Cherry Blossom Festival! Nora looks so cute!!!
We will have to get together soon!
I loved every picture, I told you she's a genious, look at her taking in everything Uncle Steve had to say. Tara and Steve look like naturals. She is the most adorable baby in the world. Sorry everyone else, but that's my grand daughter.
Love you all so much,
Mom L.
PS: Katie I love your hair straight.
I agree. Tara and Steve are definitely naturals. They took such good care of Nora.
Post a Comment