Sunday, April 26, 2009

Eight more days

Okay, so I am apparently eight days away from delivering a baby. I wonder how many days away I actually am.
TJ and I are becoming extremely anxious. I know I should just appreciate every last minute we have together prior to adjusting to a life with a little baby. But, we cannot help being excited and anxious for this little one to come into the world. I am starting to regret that I didn't plan on taking more days off from work prior to the due date. I am working up to Thursday of next week. In a way, I really want the baby to come before that, but I also want a day or so just to relax before I start pushing a big baby out of my body. Oh well, we will see what happens.

Last night, TJ and I went to see my cousins Maggie and Patrick in a school play. They go to Nazareth and the plays are even better now then they were when my siblings and I went there. Seriously, they really are good. Patrick had a few solos as well, which was so cool to see.

Anyway, I started talking to a cousin of a cousin who is a midwife. I am TOTALLY using a midwife throughout our next pregnancy. She is so kind and informative. She actually took the time to explain why things are happening or feeling a certain way as opposed to just saying..."oh yeah, that's normal" (like the doctors do). She gave us some very helpful hints as well. Per her recommendations, this week I will be...
- washing the floor more or pulling weeds in the garden (apparently the best thing I can do is be on my hands and knees)
- TJ is supposed to press on my lower back, behind my knees, and on my heels
-I am also going to spend more time sitting on the exercise ball
We will see if any of these recommendations work.

We will keep you updated!

OH yes, one more thing. TJ is thrilled I did not go into labor on Draft Day. He was quite nervous. He seems satisfied with the Bill's picks which makes everyone around him happy.

5 comments:

Rebecca and Mac said...

I'm thinking of you Katie and have been checking your blog like every day!!!! Have TJ massage your ankles too!! There is a refexology point on the inside of your ankle that's suppose to be linked to your uterus!!! Good luck..I'm saying a prayer for you guys! Lots of love!
Rebecca

The Luedtke Family said...

I definitely recommend "Due Date Donuts" if you go to work on your due date or are at home resting and waiting. Plan a tentative, special day on your due date. Out to lunch, see a movie, shopping trip for that last item or splurge, and plan it with a friend or someone special! Don't sit at home; the phone may ring too many times and you don't want to say "nope, no baby" all day long on your due date. That is, if you see your due date come and go - with no baby in your arms! Truly enjoy these last pregnant days! Days spent with a little life are so precious! Enjoy those little bumps, kicks, and pushes!!!

TJ and Katie said...

Thanks ladies for your kind thoughts and words of wisdom!

Anne said...

I LOVED having a midwife. I wish you lived closer so you could use mine! :-_) She was awesome. I missed seeing her after Lila was born!

I am so excited for the big news!!!

Kristin G said...

I went out for ice cream with my mom and sister on my due date, and went into labor a couple hours later. Just an idea :)
You will be great, Katie. All positive thoughts!!!