Thursday, April 30, 2009

4 days to go...No baby yet.

So, Monday is the day. I wonder what the baby thinks???
We went to the doctor yesterday and he still thinks we have some time to go. Things are definitely changing and progressing in the right direction. But, one never really knows if the baby will come sooner or later.
Today was supposed to be my last day of work, but I actually didn't go in. I feel awful because I didn't get to say a real good bye to my students and other people at work. I just wanted to be well rested though in case labor did start sooner than later. I suppose it is a good thing I took off because I was terribly crabby yesterday (just ask TJ) and today, my throat actually hurts. Grrr.
Baby seems to be doing just fine though.
Yesterday the doctor mentioned setting up a date to induce labor if things don't happen by Monday. I REALLY, REALLY do not want to do that. I am praying things just happen naturally even if that means I am over due a few days.
The baby is moving quite a bit off and on. It is really funny to look at now. We can actually see my stomach move when the baby is pushing or kicking or rolling. This morning, the left side of my stomach looked like I swallowed half of a tire. So weird!
My cousin's wedding is Saturday. We are all very excited about attending. I especially just can't wait to put on a nice dress and wear heals. hahaha. But I am excited for the wedding. Erin is going to look gorgeous and while I hardly doubt I will be dancing my shoes off, perhaps the music will induce labor!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Don't get yourself stressed about the induction. The odds are that you will def go on your own!

Kristin G said...

Keep us posted!

The Luedtke Family said...

Just take it one day at a time. I was overdue with both of my lovely children. Simon came on his own, and Norah needed a nudging (a.k.a. induced). A doctor told me, all babies come out. Very, very soon you will be holding a bundle of joy!