Wednesday, November 14, 2012

F.Y.I

This Thanksgiving we will be eating "MEAT" not "TURKEY".
Nora may be a vegetarian???
So, Monday night my parents came over and made us dinner. (lovely right?) Anyway, my dad made chicken on the grill. We gave Nora  a drumstick and my parents kept telling her we were having chicken for dinner.
By the way, Nora has never been a big fan of meat. At times, she will eat hotdogs or tacos with ground beef, but collectively, not a fan.
So, we all sit down and Nora says...
"But, but, wait, I don't like this. I like chickens flying in the air, I don't like chickens like this, I like chickens in nature".  (I DID NOT PROMPT ANY OF THIS-I SWEAR).

We all started laughing and then tried endlessly to convince her that it wasn't that kind of a chicken and to take a bite. She reluctantly took one bite and when she was about to take another my mom said...
"Nora just take a bite on the head like this"  Immediately, Nora dropped the drumstick and shouted "ahhh head-what head" " I don't want the head, where's the head?".
No more chicken was consumed. And therefore we will attempt eating turkey on thanksgiving but we will be referring to it as "meat".


No comments: