Monday, October 15, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Sweet Teddy Boy

We had a Teddy Bear Picnic 1st Birthday Theme for our little Teddy.  I mean, I sort of had to right?
My sister offered to make the cake and didn't share any of the details prior to the party. It turned out AMAZING! She even made pretend hamburgers, a cake, and cookies by the teddy bear on top as though he was at a picnic. SUPER CUTE.
We also made little gift bags filled with Teddy Grahams and Gummy Bears.
 As many of you know, every single party we have had has been HORRIBLE weather. Well, we are still batting 1,000. I thought I planned well by deciding to have the party at this cute little zoo near our house and under a pavilion. Alas, I did not. On our way to the party-tornado sirens were going off. We had to wait for an "all clear" and move our party to an indoor space above the barn. Let's just pause here so you can imagine the delightful smell. .....

Fortunately, you got used to the smell after 20 min. or so.
Remarkably, almost everyone still came. People weren't able to visit the animals much or pick out pumpkins, but we all had fun together.





 Here is a picture of almost all of the kiddos who came to the party. I love that children can make their own fun. We didn't have any games, toys, or organized activities (because I thought the zoo would be enough), but the kiddos still had a blast.
 Anxiously waiting to sing Happy Birthday since I forgot a match and in a room of 70 people-no one had one. I suppose that is a good thing. :)

 Teddy trying his second taste of sugar at it's best. YUM!!!!!!!!!!
 He obviously loved it and kept signing "more" when I tried to take it away.
 "MOM----Give it back"!!!!!!
 "I know I can get it, she's not looking"
 "I DID IT"

Blue going in-blue coming out. (had to share)
WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH TEDDERS!

At a whopping one years old this guy...
-walks quite well and quite fast.
-wants to do everything his big sister can do
-loves to pretend he is talking on the phone and will babble and then laugh
-gives the best hugs and kisses
-tries to say  book (bu), mom (mom), dad (dadada)  Papa (papa), Nora (naaaa),
-He makes sounds for dog, monkey, and bear
-Does quite well with his naps (still taking 2 a day)
-nurses 2 or 3 times a day
-loves to eat fruit-blueberries and rasberries and grapes are his favortie
-Stays pretty engaged playing with his toys for several minutes at a time.
-melts my heart. 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a cutie pie! Hard to believe he is 1, it goes so fast.

Anne said...

Yeah for Teddy!!!