Monday, September 17, 2012

TJ's Birthday and Teddy's 11 month's old!

TJ's Birthday was on the 13th. We kept it pretty low key. We had a yummy dinner at home that Nora helped to make, a delicious cake that Nora helped decorate and a few presents. That night, they read some books with daddy.
Not a very good picture of the birthday boy and his kids before cake, but a picture non the less.

ON the 13th, Teddy also turned 11 months old!!! CRAZY. It does not seem like I had this little boy 11 months ago. He was born a little man, but it was quite the big boy now. I also think he is one of the happiest babies EVER!

Bath night is never dull. Rarely do these two bathe together. I usually put Teddy in first, then hand him off to TJ, who dresses him for bed and reads him a book while I bathe Nora, or we switch and I finish putting Teddy to bed, and TJ bathes and reads to Nora. Either way, it is an event every evening. Teddy takes all my strength to simply protect him from slipping every which way, pulling at the shower knob, standing or sitting, or trying to put his face in the water all the while trying to scrub him clean! Seriously-it is a work out.  They actually both love going in the bath together. They entertain each other a  bit.
Teddy and Daddy playing around.
The lil man needs a serious haircut. I am hesitant to do it until his first birthday. We'll see if I could hold off.
What is Teddy up to lately...
-He can walk! Yup, getting faster and more sturdy/sure of himself by the hour. He thinks he is pretty big stuff too. He will stop and look around, smile and then clap for himself.
-He shouts for all of us.  "daadaaa" is daddy.  "Maaa" or "mum mum" is Mommy and "naaaaa" is Nora- he does the last one most often. Always shouting for Nora. In fact, he cries when she goes to school and crawls to the door (so sad).
-He also recently began to say "uh oh" It's actually one of the first things he says when he gets up in the morning, or when he drops food on the ground.
-He signs "more", "finished" and "water"
-He loves the game chase. He will crawl around the living room through the kitchen and back to the living room shouting until someone follows him. Then he will start cracking up and crawling REALLY fast.
-He knows what he wants too. When I get home from work he wants me to hold him and nurse sometimes. He then gets confused. He will want to get down to play and move around, yet once I put him down, he wants me to hold him. Such mixed emotions for a little guy.
-And, obviously, he eats like a champ. Although recently, he has been a bit more picky on what he wants. If he doesn't want something, he will throw it on the ground and only eat the items off his tray that he wants.
-His absolute favorite foods are blueberries and rasberries. He also likes pasta noodles quite a bit.

Nora and Teddy were playing this evening and almost wrestling. (he kept crawling on top of her and she would squeeze him) He was laughing and she said "he really loves me"   He sure does Nora!


No comments: