Friday, July 6, 2012

Fourth of July 2012/PROPOSAL

 As many times as I try, I cannot get a good picture of both children looking and smiling at the camera. But, at least they are both looking towards the camera here.
 We started our fourth of July morning out skyping with Aunt Lesli and then after Teddy took a nap we headed to the parade. I thought this would be a great idea since Nora LOVES parades and Teddy enjoys looking at everything going on around him. However, we lasted about 30 minutes. The town was SUPER crowded despite the 100 degree weather! We found a shady spot but to no avail. It was way too hot to keep the kids out. We watched the first 10 min. and left. However, the best part of the day was yet to come!
 My parents have a big party every fourth of July with family and friends. It's complete craziness, especially now that there are so many little kids. But, we all have a great time. Teddy Loved the water and Nora would stay in the water all day if we let her. This year, we had an extra special surprise...
 My older brother proposed to Heather!!!  EVERYONE was totally caught off guard. While many people were trying to get the food set and finish up the grilling and others were swimming in the pool, Charlie yelled..."MA come out here for a second". Meanwhile, Heather got irritated for Charlie yelling at my mom and started to walk away. Then Charlie shouted "Everyone be quiet, Heather come here"  Meanwhile, I was standing behind them with food in my mouth that I couldn't even chew because I was so excited and couldn't believe what was about to happen. He quietly said something to her as we all just stood around watching. Heather was equally as shocked.
 I love this picture because they were both all teary eyed at this point.
Heather's dad was at the party too which was so nice because he was able to be included in this special moment as well. I love that the parents surrounded the newly engaged couple with hugs, laughter, and tears of happiness together. So sweet.
This moment made the day so wonderful and special and one we will never forget. I love that our whole family was able to witness such a happy occasion.
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH!!!

2 comments:

The Luedtke Family said...

It looks like you had a lovely fourth indeed! Ours was great because our power came back late the night before!

I agree, both kids smiling at the same time, very difficult. I would suggest to not "stage" it. Put them in the clothes you want, and catch them candid throughout the day/event. It's getting easier now.

Way too hot, I did not let Simon be in the parade for baseball. Instead, I sent him to an aunt's and uncle's the night before to sleep in a house that had power and food! Ugh!!!

I walked the 2 blocks to our parade. Was outside for 45 minutes standing in the shade and was a drippy mess!

Rebecca and Mac said...

Nora's hair is absolutely gorgeous and tiny TJ is cuter than cute! Congrats to your brother...sweet pics.