Sunday, December 18, 2011

Catching up...

Since our last post, my little boyfriend pictured above turned 2 months old! I am so late on posting he is currently 9 weeks old. He is changing so much every day. A few days after this picture, his ritual of crying/screaming during Nora's bedtime faded and he is a much happier little guy. He still does not like is crib or co-sleeper for long periods of time. I definitely need to work on that though. He is one big guy! He is already wearing 3-6 month clothes!
TJ has also been traveling a bunch. This Wednesday, he will have been gone for 10 days. This is what we think of that...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!


He is such a sweet guy. I am in love all over again. He is not as much of a cuddle snob as Nora was, but I make do. He is smiling now at all of our silly faces and he is talking back when we talk to him. Right around his 9 week birthday, I got a little giggle out of him. SO SWEET! I love a babies first giggle.

Nora is always giving Teddy attention. She is beginning to understand Christmas this year which is awesome to watch. She wishes everyone a "Merry Christmas" and loves to play with the manger people, read her Christmas books, go to holiday parties, and sing Christmas songs. Her favorite are Jingle Bells, and Frosty the Snowman.
We have been building some killer forts!
Nora has been helping me fold clothes. She is actually really good at washcloths. She can do about 6 before realizing it is not fun at all.
While daddy has been gone we have been trying to keep busy by making gingerbread houses,
making reindeer food, and baking cookies. We made 2 batches this year and with a 2 1/2 year old helping and an infant wanting to be held...I'm DONE. No more cookies for this lady.
oh...cheeks.
What's up froggy?
We went to see my great, great, aunt at the nursing home the other day, then realized how many sick people were around and left quickly. However, it made my aunts day, she was so proud, she started crying when we walked in and she saw the kids. Then, Nora and my mother decided to put on a show of before leaving and sang Jingle Bells for all the elderly people watching. This daughter of ours performs. She has quite a bit of my mother in her and her aunt Tara I think.
An attempt of a picture while at a Christmas party...can't be perfect.
A friend of mine made these hats for Nora and Teddy-they are so cute I had to show them off. Teddy is a huge fan as you can tell.
Tonight we had fun at another Christmas party with friends of mine from high school.
I am realizing without TJ here, one event per day with both kiddos is quite enough for me. January is going to be a very tough month-TJ is gone practically the whole month! Ahhh! However, we are lucky he doesn't travel all the time.
Single mothers----kudos to you.

No comments: