Monday, April 25, 2011

Hoppy Easter!

Be prepared...lots of pictures. I haven't been posting as often, so I am adding a lot at one time.

Aunt Tara came to visit us 2 weeks ago and we had a lovely, chill weekend. With really crappy weather I might add. She brought Nora an early birthday gift which Nora thoroughly enjoyed opening. She now says "cute" when she gets new clothes.

A late Friday night led to a nice nap on Saturday. I suppose that's what happens when you don't see your sister often; you have to stay up late and talk and make fun of each other. Nora kindly grabbed a blanket all on her own to cover her daddy up.


Then, this past Easter weekend, Nora and I got ready for the Easter Bunny. I had Friday off which consisted of cleaning and cooking and getting carried away playing with Nora. Forts are SO fun!!!
We then decided to rearrange some things in her room and she thought the basket would be a nice place to read...Nora was VERY excited to color Easter eggs. After THROWING them in each cup and insisting that she stir all of the cups while the eggs were in them, we had very interesting Easter eggs.
Nora wrote a note for the bunny...

And we hosted a little Easter Egg Hunt/brunch for some friends...

After Nora discovered all the wonderful gifts the Easter bunny left for her and even sent from Buffalo, and going to mass, we headed to my parents house.
I'll just share this story so I don't forget in the future...So, we were late for church and had to grab any seat available. This happened to be quite near the front of the church, of course. The congregation just finished singing "We are called, we are chosen" and there was a moment of silence prior to the priest beginning the Gospel. Well, Nora loves music. And apparently, really enjoyed this song because she started clapping and shouted "Yeah" VERY LOUDLY. I swear to you, everyone in front of us turned around and was laughing. I don't get embarressed easily, but I felt my entire face turn red on that one.

Anyway, on to Nana and Papa's. The bunny just happened to leave a few things there. Uncle Tony was caught showing Nora how to sew...I mean, thread beads. :)
Next stop, our cousin's house. Nora enjoyed another Easter egg hunt.Look Mom...I got this many...


The boys keep the restaurant open on Sunday's now so we don't get to see everyone at once very often any more. So, a shot of "the kids" and my pregnant belly!


Happy, Happy EASTER!!!




















2 comments:

The Luedtke Family said...

Norah pretty much chimes up at every silent portion of any service "Is it over?" I sometimes hope she is just asking if the music is over. Sigh...

You would think that we only attended on certain Sundays instead of going to church EVERY SINGLE SUNDAY!!

Pam said...

So cute, my favorite I think is Nora covering up daddy. She is so funny, can't wait to see you.
Love you all